Saturday, 26 March 2011 11:59
Page 2 of 3
As we discussed on the previous page, during our The Sims Medieval preview in Milan we saw more cheats and we supposed that some of them were "debug" cheats. We were right, in order to use some cheats we need to enable debug mode, but there are other cheats that only need to enable the testingcheats mode. It's a litte more complicated then The Sims 3, so read careful this page!
How to able TestingCheats
In The Sims Medieval there isn't a testingcheatsenabled true cheat. But there are advanced cheats, and there is a testingcheat mode. This doens't require an external file to mod the game, we can enable testingcheats by edit a game config file. To do so, please follow all these steps:
If you launch the game now you can find more cheats. They are testingcheatsenabled cheats.
- First, backup your saves. Go to :
Documenti\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval
and copy Saves folder - you don't really need to do so, but we suggest you to backup often your saves ;).
- Go to the installation folder of The Sims Medieval. WE MEAN WHERE YOU INSTALLED THE GAME not the folder under MyDocuments. Usually you can find installation folder under Programs Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval on the drive where you have installed the game (default is C:). If you are a MAC user, the path is similar to The Sims Medieval.app > Contents > Resources > transgaming > c_drive > Program Files > Electronic Arts > The Sims Medieval).
- Now browse directories as below:
Programs Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackeged\Ini
- Find the file called Commands.ini
- This file is a READ ONLY file. So we need to edit the file properties. To do so, right click on the file and choose Properties
- In this mask you need to turn off the mark on Read Only then click on Apply (if you are running Win Vista or Win 7 perhaps you need to confirm this operation as administrator)
- If you are running Win Vista or Win 7 propably you need to go under Security (the second tab of Properties mask)
click on Edit to change authorization and then select:
Now confirm and close all these masks.
- After comit on Properties window, right click on the Commads.ini file and select Open. Open this file with Notepad
- Now you can see some rows of text. You'll find
change the value with
- Save the file. If you get save problems, check again the file permissions. Be sure to save as Commands.ini and not as a txt file.
- Once done, repeat the step nr. 6 but this time you should turn on the "Read only" field.
If you are bored with steps above, or you get some problems, you can download our Commands.Ini, it's already set to 1:
Download edited Commands.ini.rar
to install it you need first to extract the Commands.ini file from the RAR archive. Then place it under Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackeged\Ini (overwrite your older or backup it first).
If you would like to disable testingcheats, follow steps above and set TestingCheatsEnabled=0
Thanks Rich on MTS for his tips about this.
List of TestingCheats options
|disable/able clothing categories filters
Sim and mood
||set the mood of the currently selected sim to min/max/supermax or percentage between -100 and 200. Examples:
||unlock all quests - you should be able to test any quest, provided you satisfy the requirement.
||shows all quests that could potentially be shown to the player right now
||shows all quests that could potentially be shown to the player right now, ignore... (we can't see the full string).
||will re-enable responsabilities if they are disabled
||set kingdom points to the amount passed with the parameter #, for example setKingdomPoints 100
||set kingdom points to the amount passed with the parameter #, for example setKP 100
||set quests points to the amount passed with the parameter #, for example setKQ 100
|able or disable video maker ability
Controls and interactions
As in The Sims 3, with TestingCheatsEnabled you can also [this time you don't need to use this cheat in game, we have already enabled this mode]:
- Motive: edit the motive bars by dragging the mouse over them
- Moodlets: delete a moodlet by clicking on it while press CTRL
- Relations: edit relationship with other sims from the relation panel. You need to drag the mouse over the relation bars.
- SHIFT + CLICK on the sim: edit the Sim's traits
Attention! Do not use CTRL + click on RESPONSABIlITIES! If you do so, you'll delete the responsability but with the negative status!!
Last Updated on Sunday, 21 August 2011 10:56